Monday, January 5, 2009

Diets & Bad Haircuts...

One day after celebrating Taylor's birthday and I am back to the real world...the one made up of dieting and bad hair days. Let's see, which one first...

How about dieting. I don't feel so bad about this, other than the fact that I have to do it:-) I am finishing my first day on WW Core diet. So far, so good. I've made it longer than many of my attempts at dieting. I had my 3 meals and a mid-morning snack. I need to look at my list because I will need a snack idea tonight...or I'll splurge on birthday cake and blow everything. My sister has lost 20lbs so far on this diet (not the hot fudge sunday one but the core diet. Hahaha)and says she has more energy and doesn't crave junk so much anymore. That sounds good to me! I really want to lose the same 20 lbs or so that I gain and lose every single year. I could even tell you which months I would be up and which I would be down, it's that predictable. This just tells me I never really make changes so that's why I'm trying it this way...slowly with some new and better eating habits. For dinner, I had mango-salsa chicken over brown rice. (If you have never tried it, you are missing out!) The recipe is in my files. Anyway, insead of piling it on a big plate and going for seconds after scarfing it down, I put a reasonable portion in a cereal bowl and ate slowly. I made my self wait to see if I was still hungry and guess what...I wasn't. I usually eat waaaaay more of my share when we have this. Good start, huh?

Now on to bad haircuts. I haven't gone to beauty school but seriously, why is this so difficult. I went today and here I am, thinking I could have done better myself. (I usually come home and take the scissors to it myself but this time it's not that bad, thank goodness!) I have short, thick hair with good body and texture. I know I cannot explain what I would like so I bring a picture and tell them it is just to give them an idea. Today was Meg Ryan's day. Isn't this cute? How difficult can this be? Sometimes I am Lisa Rinna, I've been Sharon Stone and I even like the way Jane Fonda is wearing her hair these days, although I can't bring myself to ask to look like her...and not because of her age!!! Anyway, they always bring out the dreaded roll brush. I HATE that thing. I only use it when my hair is growing out and I need a little lift on top. I want to say "Do these pictures LOOK like someone carefully rolls their hair under smoothly?" It looks great on some but not me. I want choppy, messy, tousled and NO PART (and yes, I got a center part today but I changed it quickly). I do say all of these things and they always tell me that's cool, no problem... And then I walk out looking like my face is shaped like a bowling ball because they smoothed my messy hairstyle into a nice, rolled under "do". YUK!!!!! It is not me. I came home, wet my hair, blow-dried it without a brush, messing it up with my fingers as I worked and then put wax into it to separate it and make it look as choppy as possible. Better, but still crazy. Anyway, I guess that's what you get when you start a new diet and get a haircut on a Monday:-) Other than that, I had a great day. And yes, I am grateful that dieting and bad hair days are the worst of what I have to deal with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do ya think? Do tell...I'd love to hear it:) Be Happy...

Follow Me on Pinterest

Blog Top Sites