Friday, May 29, 2009

Great story...

First of all, thank you for the comments about my summer camp:-) It was so much fun and we have many special memories from those days. I'm off to Las Vegas for a few days but before I go, I have to tell you about a book I just read.

You may have heard of the movie that is at Blockbuster...The Boy in the Striped Pajamas. It is never available so I bought the book and my girls and I read it. OH MY GOSH...what a great little book. Here is a little about the story...

"Set during World War II, a story seen through the innocent eyes of Bruno, the eight-year-old son of the commandant at a concentration camp, whose forbidden friendship with a Jewish boy on the other side of the camp fence has startling and unexpected consequences."

This is a part of history we can never forget and this is one special little book. Read it, watch the movie...or both. You won't be sorry you did:-)




9 comments:

  1. Wow, that sounds like a great story! I have never heard of it. I'm going to try to rent it this week!
    Have a beautiful weekend.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love a good book recommendation. Thanks and have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh...I have had this movie on my wait list at the library for months but had no idea it was an adapted screenplay. I'm totally going to have to read the book first. Thanks Suzanne and have a great trip to Vegas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a good movie! Great blog by the way! Love for you to check out www.kenziepoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Suzanne,

    Thanks for sharing that with us! We love your
    site!! Amen & amen! :)

    Hey. If you get the opportunity, would you
    mind praying for the prayer requests that are
    on our main page?

    May the Lord bless you and your family!!

    Mark, Lynn, Brooke & Carley Seay
    www.LighthousePrayerLine.org

    ps - please consider "following" our blog
    -or- atleast grab one of our free, linking,
    blue buttons. ( see top sidebar at
    www.LighthousePrayerLine.org ).

    •´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Visit Us Soon!.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´•

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh, I'm looking for a good book, I'm going to give this one a try. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stoppin by from the MBC to follow!

    have a great night.
    ps. love the pink bug!

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard of the movie, but I didn't know it was based on a book! I might have to read it, it sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete

So, what do ya think? Do tell...I'd love to hear it:) Be Happy...

Follow Me on Pinterest

Blog Top Sites