Thursday, May 13, 2010

Chasing Rainbows...



How is it...
that something so beautiful in our world
can get attached to some things not so beautiful?

I don't know how this happens.

But...

I love rainbows!




The other day, we were driving home from tennis and ballet
and saw a beautiful huge rainbow in the sky.
We were so excited!

It's such a good day when you get to see a rainbow.
Since my girls were little I've told them to
Never miss an opportunity to stop and look up at the rainbow.
Sure enough, they were scrambling for their phones to
snap some photos.
I'm happy my girls like rainbows too:-)

One of the pastors at our old church was John Maxwell.
While speaking of Noah, he said
"Whenever you see a rainbow,
remember that one person can make a difference."
I wrote that one in my Bible immediately.
What a way to look at rainbows.





Some people see rainbows as hope...
and they should.
I imagine this is where the phrase "chasing rainbows" comes from.

Hope...
Remember that God loves you and even through the bad storms,
there will always come a bright new day.

Promise!

Pinkie Promise:-)

So next time you see a rainbow...
feel free to stop what you're doing and gaze up at that beautiful promise in the sky.


And for a bit of rainbow silliness and fun...



"The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain." Dolly Parton




How about a stack of HAPPY for breakfast???





No WONDER my all-time favorite cereal is Fruity Pebbles:-)





:-) :-) :-)




I'll have a slice of this!




...Or one of these!



Oh my gosh...

...real live PEEPS!





Okay, I promise to never do this...
and I always keep my promises! ;-)




What do you see?
Colors...
or possibilities?
I remember when I was little,
nothing made me happier than getting one of those big boxes of crayons.
I was so happy when we got the box with LOTS of colors!!!
Oh...the possibilities:-)




"And when it rains on your parade,
look up rather than down.
Without the rain,
there would be no RAINBOW."
Chesterton


XOXOXOXO

6 comments:

  1. thanks for the reminder Suzanne. I'll keep looking up, especially today as I head to Boston for my 2nd opinion. I'll do whatever it takes to be able to see my rainbow after the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I love this post! What great and beautiful pictures! Love the umberella, and the poodle, and the chicks----wait, I love them all!
    Have a wonderful weekend, and I will think of you now when I see a rainbow :)
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I love all the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you SO much Suzanne for covering me with rainbows today. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those cookies and pancakes look awesome!

    ReplyDelete

So, what do ya think? Do tell...I'd love to hear it:) Be Happy...

Follow Me on Pinterest

Blog Top Sites