Monday, January 31, 2011

Fresh Starts and Winter Whites...

So I've managed to do it again...
take such a LONG break from my blog that friends are wondering if I'm okay.
That's nice!

To answer that question, I'm totally okay.
Busy, tired...but okay.
And still remembering to find a bit of HAPPY in each day.

I actually thought a lot about my blog.
It isn't that I don't have time or ideas...
too many sometimes.
But I get sidetracked and feel bad about posting something new on my blog
when I have yet to answer comments and emails.
So I don't blog...and then wish I did.
On that note, guess what I am doing?
Turning off comments to my blog.
Just for a week or so...
and during that time I want to post...and go back to visit/answer those sweet comments.

Moving on...
have you heard of "Blogging without Obligation?
Tiffini came up with this because she saw people apologizing all over the place when they hadn't blogged.  (haven't read her site...just this post)
Her philosophy:
  • Because you shouldn’t have to look at your blog like it is a treadmill.
  • Because its okay to just say what you have to say. If that makes for a long post, fine. Short post, fine. Frequent post, fine. Infrequent post, fine.
  • Because its okay to not always be enthralled with the sound of your own typing.
  • Because sometimes less is more.
  • Because only blogging when you feel truly inspired keeps up the integrity of your blog.
  • Because they are probably not going to inscribe your stat, link and comment numbers on your tombstone.
  • Because for most of us blogging is just a hobby. A way to express yourself and connect with others. You should not have to apologize for lapses in posts. Just take a step back and enjoy life, not everything you do has to be “bloggable”.
  • Because if you blog without obligation you will naturally keep your blog around longer, because it won’t be a chore. Plus, just think you will be doing your part to eradicate post pollution. One post at a time. . .
I would say "what do you think"...
but my comments are off.
Now that's a bummer:)
But I think I like this blogging without obligation!

Here's what else I like...
WHITE!
Notice my new look?
Very white, soft...peaceful.
at least I hope:)
This is one of my favorite cookies...
whether in cookie or bar form...
DELICIOUS!
WHITE Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
Makes about 3 dozen cookies.

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoons baking soda
10 ounces white chocolate (chips or bars cut in chunks)
1 cup macadamia nuts, chopped into chunks
Directions:
Heat oven to 375 F. In large bowl, beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, and salt with electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs, beat well. Stir together flour, and the baking soda; gradually add to butter mixture,beating until well blended. Stir in white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. (Edges are golden brown and center is set.) Cool slightly, remove from cookie sheet to wire rack to cool completely.
These would SCORE big at a Superbowl party!
YUM~YUM~YUM!!!!!

And lastly..
this is NOT what it looks like outside my window...
but I wish it did.
Crazy, I know.
But isn't it so pretty?
 Okay, so remember, comments are off for a few days.
Not because I don't want to hear from you
(I do have an email link you know...hahaha)
But because I want to get off to a fresh start with my blog...
new habits,,,old and new friends...
and tons of HAPPY thoughts!

2 comments:

  1. Your post was exactly what I needed. Thank you! NO OBLIGATION. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, I feel huge obligation on other fronts, but not my blog. I always like to pop over here, no strings attached. It's a blessing!

    ReplyDelete

So, what do ya think? Do tell...I'd love to hear it:) Be Happy...

Follow Me on Pinterest

Blog Top Sites