Wednesday, May 18, 2011

little white bench...

hey...
guess what i did yesterday?
i tackled my very own re-do project instead of lurking around
BLOGLAND, peeking at everyone else's.

my favorite little store in Naples,
VINTAGE CHARM
(love that name)
carries Taylor's Tutus and a few other goodies we make,
like glittered shells, teacup candles, sweater pumpkins...
her shop is little so when i kept eyeing this sweet little bench,
the owner finally took pity on me and said
"take it...it's just getting in the way".  
hmmm...tutu's for a bench,
not bud, huh?
so, i got it home and the color of the fabric cushion was NOT right for me.
it was a gold color that would have probably worked
but i'm big into the cream and whites so...
 i ripped it up, recovered it and
VOILA...
 a perfect little sitting area with my new shabby white bench,
paris pillows, cute signs, my most FAVORITE vintage find...
a gumball machine...
and my AWESOME...GORGEOUS
vintage luggage.  
two of the pieces were done but I had to paint one more to complete the look.
got old luggage around the house?
grab some spray paint and be prepared to go CRAZY:)
and don't ever pass them by at the fleas.
they make great storage...
ours hold Miss T's MANY  worn and tattered
POINTE SHOES.
this little nook cost me about $20 because I had everything
except the fabric, spray paint and one pillow for $7 at Joann's.
use what you have, right?
even worn out shoes:)
and last but not least, my "subway art".
i am IN LOVE with subway art!!!!!
 maybe one day i'll make my own...
there are some great tutorials out there...
but for now, i cheated and found a few at Home Goods
 and because they were at Home Goods...you KNOW the price was right!!!
love that store:)

next project...MERMAIDS!
yep...found these cuties at Tj Maxx.
i'm just deciding whether i want to embellish them with pearly vintage BUTTONS
or vintage jewels.
i'm thinking tiny JEWELS...
you know, mermaids...treasures...
we'll see!

oh gosh...one more thing i LOVE today...
this COOL frame i found in Sarasota, Fl
while shopping at St. Armand's Circle with my Mum, Sis and
my two SHABBY CHICKS.
that's it...short and SWEET today!
(well, short for me anyway:)
linking up with a few blog parties...

XOXOXOXO
Suzanne


8 comments:

  1. Wow Suzanne!!!!!!!LOVE it all!!!You have been so busy whipping up some great redos. Looks fabulous:)
    ~Debra xxx
    Capers of the vintage vixens

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am drooling over that bench my friend, you did a beautiful job! Love everything you have here, including the luggage...what a great idea to paint it!

    Praying that all is well with you.

    God's blessings,
    Trudy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bench is so dreamy! I really want a gumball machine just like that. And the point shoes-heaven!!

    ~Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bench turned out great and your little corner looks amazing! I am going to have to do that with some suitcases some day. I can never get white spray paint to cover very well for me. Maybe I need to do more coats. I am loving subway art too and want to make some but I am thinking it might take a while to do the lettering! It will be a labor of love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. L*O*V*E your bench!!! It's fabulous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy I stopped by...I love your blog and all your wonderful whites!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty pictures. Love that bench. That's alot of shoes.
    Here is my email address grammypetals@yahoo.com When you are coming to Columbus send me an email and I will let you know if there is something going on that I know of.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me again. I need your address. I need to send your Fremch bottle cap magnets. I am so slow sometimes. Please send it to my email. Have a nice week-end.

    ReplyDelete

So, what do ya think? Do tell...I'd love to hear it:) Be Happy...

Follow Me on Pinterest

Blog Top Sites