Wednesday, August 10, 2011

so many cool things out there...

I just had to share some of my favorites with you!
and because I stockpile photos and ideas,
i have to cram in a ton in one blog post.
who knows when I might do another?  haha

usually I make you read to the end for a recipe...
but not today.
check out this Autumn Chopped Salad!

seriously, doesn't this picture make you want to just
SHOVEL it in???:)
here's the recipe...thanks to Espresso and Cream!
Autumn Chopped Salad
Ingredients
*6 to 8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
*2 medium pears, chopped
*1 cup dried cranberries
*1 cup chopped pecans
*8 slices thick-cut bacon, crisp-cooked and crumbled
*4 to 6 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
*Poppy seed Salad Dressing 
*Balsamic Vinaigrette (I like Newman's Own Light Balsamic Vinaigrette)

Instructions
*On a large platter, combine the lettuce, pears, cranberries, pecans, bacon and feta cheese. Drizzle generously with poppy seed dressing, followed by some of the balsamic vinaigrette. (I would estimate  about a cup of dressing: 70 percent poppy seed dressing and 30 percent balsamic vinaigrette) If you prefer your salad to have more dressing, go for it.

now for some other cool things...
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the idea of old photos in mason jars!

and these chairs are SO cool...

i have plates similar to these in a creamy white...
now I think a set or a few pieces like this would be amazing!

and they would be so AMAZING with this silverware...

moving on...
this coat, with it's ADORABLE ruffles (love ruffles)
would be on my wish list for sure!

and this bracelet is such a sweet, SIMPLE way to carry your babies
with you at all times:)

so I think I'd like to do THIS...
strip hardwood floors and paint on them.
(but then my husband might go just a little bit CRAZY :)

I wonder what he'd think if I painted chalkboard paint on the wall...
and wrote quotes all over it.  
COOL!!!!!

speaking of quotes...

and is this precious for a baby's room or what?

last but NOT least...
my early birthday gift to myself...
FAITH stackable rings:)

well, guess that's enough for one day.
I could TRULY go on and on...
but I won't.
so have a fabulous day!!!

XOXOXOXOXO
Suzanne

2 comments:

  1. So many beautiful things in this post. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thx for the salad recipe. My goal is to make one new dish/recipe per week and expand our routine menus. I need a healthy change and some fun cooking in my kitchen!
    Hope you are doing well, think of you often.

    ReplyDelete

So, what do ya think? Do tell...I'd love to hear it:) Be Happy...

Follow Me on Pinterest

Blog Top Sites